Friday, July 6, 2012

MY (PK) Pastor Kid


When I was about 7yrs old I read the story about Jesus going into the temple and flipping over tables. I thought that was so cool! I'm like whoaaa Jesus is Captain Planet and he is not taking this polluting in the church!! Yeahhhhhh!! (Remember I said I was 7 & Captain Planet was the mannnn back then) so the following Sunday I decided to do the same thing.....O_O BIG MISTAKE!!! I got the whopping of my life! I know my parents must have thought I had lost my darn mind... my father was also the pastor of the church so you can just imagine the comments, one parishioner thought I had caught the holy ghost or went plain crazy. I can look back on this story and laugh but at the time I just wanted to be a hero like Christ taking names & flipping tables WOOT... WOOT!! . I clearly didn't understand the message of Matthew 21:12 at the time. True... In the church we see a lot of things that go on that shouldn't go on, gossiping, back biting, lying etc. and it’s very easy to point out what others are doing and shouldn't be doing. Christ had the authority to do what He did, this is supposed to be my father house, yet people are buying and selling items like it’s a marketplace or the Baltimore flea market! This also made me think of my own soul, my own spiritual & physical temple... What are some of the issues in our lives that need for Jesus to come in, flip over tables and drive out the nonsense within our own bodily temples? We don't want our temples to be a marketplace for any and everything. Heavenly Father, I pray that you continue to cleanse, drive out any and everything that is not of you from my temple which includes my mind, body, spirit, soul & circumstances so that your word and presence can dwell within me freely and whole heartedly.



Matthew 21:12-13 NLT

Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves. He said to them, “The Scriptures declare, ‘My Temple will be called a house of prayer,’ but you have turned it into a den of thieves!”

No comments:

Post a Comment